A pearl bracelet is a delicate and timeless piece of jewelry that needs to be preserved and cleaned with a lot of care.
- How to Clean your Pearl Bracelet
- Do not Stretch the Strand – The strand must be supported if the pearls are on a bracelet or necklace. The thread should not be stretched while the cleaning is being done.
- Only use Distilled water or Mineral water – Distilled water or mineral water should only be used for the rinsing of pearls. Regular tap water that contains chemicals like Chlorine can ruin the pearls’ surface.
- Dab the Soap and Water Gently – The soap and water on the pearls should be gently dabbed with a soft dry cloth. Water or chemicals should not be allowed to sit on the pearls for too long.
- Polish Pearls – Polish the pearls with a dry and soft cloth for maintaining their luster.
- Avoid Cleaners: – Ultrasonic cleaners or jewelry cleaners should be avoided. These cleaners are extremely rough and would harm the pearls.
- How to Store your Pearl Bracelet
Pearls need to be stored in a manner that would prevent them from undergoing scratches. They should be kept separately from other jewelries. Excessively dry conditions should also be avoided.
- Fasten Pins or Clasps before Storing the Bracelet – Pins and clasps usually are sharp metal objects that can rub up against the pearls, causing scratches. Unclasped strands might also get tangled.
- Limit the Use of Pearl Bracelets and Pearl Rings – Pearl bracelets and rings are items that sit on the wearers’ hands and hence are prone to getting scratches. These pieces should never be put on when the wearer anticipates working with their hands. These should only be worn for special occasions.
- Wipe the Pearl Bracelet before storing it – After you have worn your pearl bracelet and removed it for the day, you must wipe it gently with a soft cloth before storing it. Even the slightest amount of sweat can damage the luster of your pearls.
Other gems might scratch the pearls on a pearl bracelet. Other pearl jewelries also might have certain metal elements that can scratch the pearls on a bracelet. Hence, all pearl jewelry should be stored in a separate compartment.