When online dating started in early 1990s, nobody could have imagined its growth curve. Today losing much of its stigma, the cupid’s arrow has finally gone viral officially. Internet has finally revolutionized the dating scene with online dating becoming the second most popular way of meeting people. There are numerous reasons which contribute to its phenomenal success. Some of them are:-
- Meeting someone online today has become as easy as 1..2…3. You neither have to dress up, go to a bar or face dilemma of how to approach or wait to be approached. You meet people virtually and chat can be initiated almost instantaneously.
- The anonymity of virtual meeting provides the space and the time for people to feel more at ease and confident. It eliminates the fear of being judged or rejected which is omnipresent in face-to-face meetings.
- In online dating you get a much wider pool of people across various demographic regions as well to choose from. You can search across a wide section of people and even explore people with characteristics not to your taste. You may surprise yourself by actually loving it. Thus it facilitates a better and more informed choice.
- Today we are increasingly getting addicted to internet and spending more and more time on it. Transforming into an internet based society; it’s natural that we take to online dating sites and social networking sites.
- Online dating allows you to pre-screen a person which is not possible with face-to face meetings in a pub or bar. Thus physical beauty does not become the sole basis of approach. Online dating facilitates some prior knowledge about the person before actual approach.
- Online dating allows you to date multiple people at the same time without looking promiscuous or a Casanova. Thus it provides better insights about your compatibility and helps you find the right and perfect partner.
- In this economic recession era, online dating is more cost efficient than meeting in a pub or cafe.
- Online rejections are less real and less personal. Thus it does not majorly affect yourself-esteem.
- Today many dating companies provide number of compatibility algorithms like extensive psychological questionnaire which enable you to filter out more suitable and compatible candidates.
Many Guiding tutorials like Pandora’s box system are available today, which assist men especially in honing their dating skill and achieve better success. With our current lifestyle it not an overstatement to say that online dating is the most happening place to find love.